It’s finally warm enough to have that outdoor picnic or party you’ve been planning all winter! But before you start inviting people and making final arrangements, there are a few things you should know. Outdoor events can be a lot of fun, but they also require a bit more planning than indoor events. Here are some dos and don’ts to help you make sure your event is a success:
There are some general things you should keep in mind when planning any type of event, but there are also some specific things to keep in mind when planning an outdoor event. Here are some general tips:
- Choose a location carefully– Make sure you pick a spot that is level and has good drainage. You don’t want your party to be ruined by rain or mud! Your venue should also be large enough to accommodate your party tent, tables, chairs, and other decorations.
- Get a party tent– A party tent is a must for any outdoor event! It will protect your guests from the sun or rain, and it will also give them a place to take shelter if the weather takes a turn for the worse. You don’t have to purchase a party tent, though. Many companies offer party tent rentals in Utah or elsewhere for a reasonable price.
- Plan for bad weather– Even if you’re planning your party for the summer, it’s always a good idea to have a backup plan in case of rain or other bad weather. Have a few indoor activities planned so that your guests can still enjoy themselves even if they can’t go outside.
- Keep your guests comfortable– Make sure you have enough chairs and tables for everyone, and that there is plenty of space for people to move around. If it’s a hot day, provide refreshments like water and lemonade to keep your guests hydrated. And if it gets cold, have blankets on hand so that people can stay warm.
- Clean up afterward– Outdoor events can be a lot of fun, but they also create a lot of trash! Make sure you have enough garbage bags to clean up all the litter afterward. You should also consider hiring a professional cleaning service to come in and take care of the mess for you.
Aside from the general tips listed above, there are also some specific things to avoid when planning an outdoor event. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Don’t forget the sunscreen– If your event is taking place during the day, make sure you have sunscreen for your guests. No one wants to get sunburned!
- Don’t forget the food– One of the most important parts of any party is the food! Make sure you have enough to feed all of your guests, and that there are options for people with different dietary restrictions. If you’re serving alcohol, make sure you have plenty of non-alcoholic beverages as well.
- Don’t forget to promote your event- Just because you’re having an outdoor event doesn’t mean you can skip promoting it! Make sure you let people know about your party in advance so that they can make plans to attend. And don’t forget to send out reminders closer to the date.
- Don’t forget the details– Outdoor events require a bit more planning than indoor ones, so make sure you don’t forget any important details. Things like permits, insurance, and first-aid supplies are all important to have on hand in case of an emergency.
- Don’t forget to have fun– The most important thing to remember is to have fun! If you’re stressed out about everything that could go wrong, you won’t enjoy the party. Relax, and enjoy yourself! Your guests will have a much better time if you’re having a good time too.
These are just a few things to keep in mind when planning an outdoor event. As long as you’re prepared, your party is sure to be a success!