Are you looking to be a part of the JoinPD community? Are you curious about using JoinPD? We’re here to take you through the journey of using Joinpd. So read on to know more.
First off, let’s learn a bit about JoinPD. It is also known as Pear Deck which is a tool created for educators that allows them to convert their presentations or lessons into materials for students that are designed to be interactive. This had become popular during the COVID-19 pandemic and is also parent-friendly. It was especially useful in transitioning to the online medium of schooling for both students and teachers alike.
The Uses of JoinPD.com
JoinPD is mainly used for presentations. There are a variety of templates provided to users for assistance. These also include text-based prompts, multiple choice questions (MCQs), and even diagrams.
Often these presentations are helpful to the students as they are designed to be engaging. Another form of interaction it allows is when using it for tests by asking specific questions. JoinPD is also learner-friendly as it supports different learning styles by providing an assortment of tools to users.
Apart from these functions, the students can even provide feedback anonymously. They can also add slides to the presentation, therefore allowing them to express their creativity. Another interesting feature is called ‘Flashcard Factory’ which helps to improve the students’ vocabulary.
How to use JoinPD.com?
JoinPD.com is designed for teachers and students to allow them to make presentations. Now there are ready-made templates for this. So, the presentation can be made via PowerPoint or Google Slides. But both demand the prerequisite add-on of Joinpd.
Steps to use Joinpd
- Log into your Joinpd account.
- Select the option ‘Create a Presentation’.
- Go to Google Slides and choose ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Get add-on’ and among the options, install the Pear Deck add-on.
- Click on ‘Open Pear Deck Add-on’.
Following the above steps you can view the preset templates provided by Joinpd. You can even add draggable questions or MCQs. These presentations can be made with the templates or from square one.
How to enter Joinpd.com?
Since the Joinpd sessions are made private, it requires an access code to allow access for students. This can be possible with a code that the teacher provides or through a Join Link. The student only requires to have a Google or a Microsoft Office 365 account.
Using a Join Code
- Go to Joinpd.com.
- Enter the 5-digit code provided by your teacher.
- Wait for your Session to load on your screen.
Using a Join Link
- You will receive an email for the session.
- Click on the given Join Link.
- It will open your browser and load the Pear Deck session. This will put you into the student view allowing you to view the presentation as well as answer questions to interact.
How to make a Join Code?
In the case that you are a teacher and want to create a Join Code, it is key to know that you must create a presentation first. Joinpd will produce a Join Code once you’ve completed making your presentation. This code can be shared to anyone, including your students, enabling them to access your presentation.
Steps to create a Join Code
- Create a Joinpd account or log in to your existing account.
- Make a presentation. Choose the ‘Present with Pear Deck’ option.
- Your 5-digit Join Code will be generated and can be shared with anyone.
That is a wrap on how to use Joinpd. Joinpd is an active platform meant for students and teachers to interact. It plays a key role in teaching as well as learning. One of its greater attributes includes its ease of access. Also, There is a game names Blooket which is similar to JoinPD. On Play Blooket teachers can create interesting Quiz Games for students and provide a Play Blooket Code to students so they can play the game.